The Patriarch of Antioch, the authority at the Throne of St. Peter. - Part 1

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2004
      The Patriarch of Antioch, the sucessor at the throne of st.Peter is visiting, its daughter- the Malankara church, by the grace of God. On this occation one has to understand some truths.

      1. Some claim that " If St. Peter has established a throne in Antioch, St. Thomas has established a throne here( Malankara)".

      What is this throne?

      It is not a seat. It is not a center of administration either. Our Lord has taught about the "throne of Moses". Moses walked 40 years in the desert. But nowhere in OT, there is any referance about Throne of Moses.

      when Lord said "Scribes and Pharisees in the Throne of Moses " means, continuous sucession from Moses. ( The Scribes and Pharisees had continuous sucession from Moses).

      We can show the list of people appointed by St.Peter and list of all who suceeded him from that time to this time.

      Can anyone show a list - the name of the person appointed by St. Thomas in Malankara and list of persons succeeded him in Malankara?

      2. HH Abudl Mesiha who ordained a catholica in 1912 in his Patriarchal bull says " I have ordained a Maphriana or a catholica for you ( That is for the people of Malankara)."

      So this position was established in 1912. How can such a postion which was established for the first time in 1912 be a sucessor to St. Thomas ( or in his throne?).

      Never forget that continous sucession is the throne.

      ( To be continued )

      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatious SOC
      Dallas
      Member ID # 0901
      Author: Rev. Dr. Curian Kaniyamparabil achan
      Taken from : Sunday vision , Puthupady, Muvattupuzha
      Or sunday_vision@...