Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 4 - lesson 6

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Chapter 4 ; Lesson 6
      ======================

      V 18-25 "Four men are called as disciples" (Mark 1:16-21, Luke 5:1-11)

      Why disciples were called before the public ministry?
      It was necessary for them to say with absolute conviction later on " It is impossible for us not to state what we saw and heard " .

      Sine Lord called them from their work, it shows that most dignified thing to do is to follow the Lord. The kind of work they did was foretelling about their nobility in the future. to their goodness in the future. The fisherman do not know what kinds of fish they will catch until after they catch it. Just like that the net of God's message, when spread, do not know who all will come to the Lord. Chrysostom says ` who ever God makes his hear move , will stand true in the faith". St. Augustine says "Lord did not select, great kings or philosophers or great administrators to catch the ordinary people. But he used fisherman to catch great people". St. Gregory " Andrew and Peter followed the Lord , not because they saw any miracles by the Lord or they heard Lord stating about the eternal life. One who does not save anything is the one who rejects most. How ever small our wealth be, That is enough for the Lord. "Lord evaluate our giving by not measuring how much we gave ,
      but from what we gave."
      From the Desk of the Moderators

      This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld the name of the member who posts this message as per his request.