Re: Apostle Cephas ( St. Peter ) and Cephas of Antioch same person ?

  • Issac K Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Paul Reji wrote:

      > Apostle Cephas ( St. Peter ) and Cephas of Antioch same person ?
      >Many dissdent groups Easten Orthodox church and now some people in
      >Malankara also use this verse Gal( 2:7-14) as proof that Aposlte
      >Paul has admnished "Peter" and so what ever Lord said in Mat 16:18
      >is not very relevant. It is hard for me believe that some one can
      >believe what God said is
      >not very significant.

      Dear Mr. Paul / Moderators

      I do not agree on it. Please refer the words of our Patriarch H.H.
      Can anyone elaborate on it.

      http://www.syrianorthodoxchurch.org/library/Encyclical/priesthood.htm

      In paragraph three (3)

      "...I will give you the keys of the kingdom of
      Heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven, and
      whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven" ( Matt 16:16-
      19). The Lord gave all the Apostles this power when he appeared to
      them on of the eve of his ..."

      In paragraph four (4)
      The Lord gave all the Apostles this power when he appeared to them
      on of the eve of his resurrection from among the dead as they were
      assembled in the upper room while the doors were locked. He stood in
      their midst and said: ''peace be with you. As the father has sent
      me, even so I send you. And when he had said this, he breathed on
      them, and said to them, receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the
      sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any they
      are retained'' John 20:21 and 22).

      In Christ
      Issac K Joseph
      MarThoman Church