Glimpses on the Holy Father's Apostolic visit - Part III

  • Jacob V Joshua
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      "You see that you are accomplishing nothing.
      Look, the world has gone after Him!" John 12:19

      During the last three days of the apostolic visit His Holiness was in the National Capital of India. St. Peter's Cathedral, New Delhi, the "Eastern Cathedral of the Patriarch of Antioch" was consecrated with the Holy Mooron on 29.9.04.

      His Holiness also visited the national leaders, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, Honorable President of India, Shri Bairon Singh Sekhawat, Honorable Vice President, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Honorable Prime Minister, Smt. Sonia Gandhi, chairperson of the United Progressive Alliance, and Shri L K Advani, Honorable Opposition Leader, during these days.

      In a nutshell, the apostolic visit of H.H Patriarch to India was exceptionally successful and our country is blessed abundantly by the Grace of God that the visible head of the visible Church of our Lord and Savior could bring peace and harmony among the folk. The sheep recognize the voice of its true shepherd and it follows the shepherd who enters from the front door.

      I could witness how the crowd was waiting hours together to have a glimpse of the Holy Father. People wanted to touch at least the Holy Father's vestments or wanted to be with him wherever he goes. The mood of the crowd and the enthusiasm and the eagerness to extend a hearty welcome to their supreme spiritual leader was to be seen and one could imagine how much the people of India respects His Holiness the Patriarch of Antioch & All the East. Even the nature and the climatic condition favored His Holiness. I could see how the rainy clouds were waiting for the programs of the Holy Father to be over should that it may rain after everybody has left the venue at Manjinikkara and Mulanthuruthy. Throughout all the programs it happened that either the rain comes much before the program as a relief or it rains after the program.

      His Holiness the Patriarch has declared in Delhi on 29.9.04 during the Holy Qurbana, "there is only one Catholicose in India, who is my beloved brother in Christ, Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas the First. All the dioceses in India excluding the Simhasana Churches should be under this Catholicose and all should obey him and should be loyal to him".

      To be cont: IV
      Jacob V Joshua
      St. Peter's JSO Cathedral, New Delhi
      St. Ignatius JS Church, Vazhamuttom East, PTA, Kerala
      Member ID # 0911