A Tribute to Sheikh Zayed

  • Chev. Dr. Mathews Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Dear Friends

      The people of U.A.E are mourning the sad demise of President His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan who passed away on 2nd November, 2004. He had been a father figure for not only the local Arab people but also for the whole expatriate community of the region. He was a ruler with a great vision. As a lifetime achievement, he transformed the U.A.E. into an important economic and political power in the Gulf region. His life was dedicated not only to the welfare of his citizens but also to peace in the whole world.

      Our Patriarch, H.H.Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I, during his visit to U.A.E . this October met the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and the Holy Father was all praises for Sheikh Zayed for his legendary tolerance and compassion.

      The Syriac Orthodox community under H.H.Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I, The Patriarch of Antioch and all the East offered special prayers in our St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church, Sharjah and other parishes in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain today for the departed President.

      We pray to God Almighty to keep Sheikh Zayed's soul in peace and let him live in paradise along with the martyrs and grant us patience.

      Best Regards
      Chev. Dr. Mathews Abraham
      Sr. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Church, Sharjah
      St.John, the Baptist Attamangalam Church, Kumarakom
      Member ID # 0913