102 nd Dhukrono of ParumalaThirumeni.

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2004
      102 nd Dhukrono of ParumalaThirumeni.

      Today is the 102 nd Dhukrono of Parumala Thirumeni. He is a the greatest of the Jacobites lived in the country. I have been blessed to visit the churches where he spent his child hood. Mar Thoman Church , Mulanthurity , and Karingachira church. You can feel his presence, if you go there.

      Here is the brief biography of Thirumeni

      ** Born Mulunthuruthy near Cochin on 15th June 1848
      ** A deacon at the age of 10
      ** a priest at the age of 18
      ** a bishop at the young age of 28 (the reason for calling him 'Kochu Thirumeni');
      ** passed away on November 2nd 1902.

      Let us remeber three things about him today
      1) He spent his life preaching and teaching against Protestant faith
      2) He was a stout Jacobite and an ardent supporter of Patrairch. He has said any one who breaks from See of Antioch will be cursed and will be elible for eternal fire. Wrath of God will be on him.
      3) His prayer life.

      *Those who did not obey #1 called themselves Mar thoma church..( and so Marthomites . Can some one be in Marthoma church and pray to him? )

      *Those who did not obey #2 are called "IO" Church. They are the one who persecuted thirumeni most. you can read what thirumeni wrote here.
      http://www.parumalathirumeni.com/ 'Salmusa' & 'Sthathikon'

      * Those who did not bring #3 in your own life is not worthy to pray to Thiurmeni. And praying is not hard.

      Today , a day in which we remeber this saint we should obey what he said, and learn what he preached and follow his prayerful life.

      That would be the greatest love that one can show to him. For such people "the memory of just will be blessed " ( Proverbs 10:7)and "the just shall be remembered for ever". ( Psalm 112:6 ).

      I have to share a small story here. my wife's cousin was a captain of a submarine for Indian navy who is from Delhi ( delhites will know him ) and is holding one of the top ranked position in Navy now. ( soon real admiral - I think ).

      When he was commanding Submarine , some thing happened it and it sank to the bottom of the sea.

      They did everything to lift it and finaly gave up hope. Then, later when they gave up all hope it miraculusly started working and they reached shore. So I asked him how it happened ?

      He said, "only one explanation " My prayer to Parumala thirumeni. Nothing beyond it".

      Let this saint, shower God's grace to thousands including mortal like me and you.

      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatious Syrian Orthodox Church