Jesus Prayer - Syriac Tradition

  • Mike Wingert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2004
      Meditative Prayer to Jesus
      Mor Isaiah the Hermit

      Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, show me Your mercy.
      Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, have compassion upon my misery by Your mercy.
      Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, forgive all my transgressions by Your mercy.
      Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, keep me away from all evil deesires and foul thoughts.
      Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, make me a faithful servant of Yours.
      Oh my Lord Jesus Christ, lead me to the haven of life.

      Oh Jesus my Beloved, increase my faith, confirm me in hope, and kindle in my heart the fire of love.

      Oh Jesus my Beloved, adorn my soul with temperance, humility and patience, and my mind with knowledge, wisdom and perception.

      Oh Jesus my Beloved, fill me with Your love and the love of neighbor, for the sake of her whom You chose to be Your holy Mother, and for the sake of all the holy fathers.

      Ameen

      Source:
      http://www.ruhosuryoyo.org/morisaiahthehermitjesusprayer.html

      Mike Wingert