prayer update - James Shin and myself (Joseph Y. Lee)

  • Joseph Yosuk Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2004
      Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

      James Shin, a brother in Christ with cerebral palsy, found a job at Newport Beach, California. He was able to find a job with help from Marco Zirino, member at Newsong Community Church at Irvine. James' job will utilize his MBA Master's of Business Administration) expertise.

      The people at KCCC (Korea Campus Crusade for Christ) at UC Irvine, Newsong Community Church at Irvine and Cerritos Presbyterian Church at Artesia have elped James a great deal. It was a team effort from three different ministries and churches. I know that many of you have helped James Shin. James wanted to thank all of you in terms of your prayers and accountability.

      I, Joseph Y. Lee, finally got my Master's degree in the electrical engineering department at the University of Southern California. Praise God! It was God. I might be going to work at Samsung Electro-Mechanics in South Korea by January of 2005. I might be leaving the United States by December 2004.

      Please continue to pray for James Shin that he will be successful at the company.

      In Christ,
      Joseph Yosuk Lee
      8th Grade Sunday School Teacher
      Cerritos Presbyterian Church at Artesia, California
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2004
        Dear All

        There are lot of postings in other forum regarding the purity of the recent Holy Mooron consecration of Syriac Orthodox Church.

        This is neither for an argument nor for a personal reply. The terminology used on consecration of Holy Mooron, as 'DRIVE THROUGH' is denigrating the holy elements.

        To counter these arguments I have many incidents in my mind from the 1912 installation of Poulose 1 Bava to Mathews 11 Bava all done all on a sudden.

        The purity of the consecration ceremony comes from the purity of intention and validity of the authority of the celebrant. The spiritual purity can or must be maintained all through not simply a week before to the ceremony.

        How can an outsider judge the efficacy of the sacrament from judging the iteniery?

        I made a comment in one of my postings that thoughts like these come only from the bickering from the dissatisfaction of the Patriarchal visit.

        Even the Mooron Koodasa is perfected only by the Holy Eucharist. Then Holy Eucharist is more spiritually superior to all the sacraments. Can they see any such 'DT' celebration of Eucharist in the church?

        I know an incident when a high cleric left an ecumenical meeting at Kottayam Catholic Bishop House announcing that he has a program in a church in the South and went to Aluva to enter the Trikkunnathu Seminary to CELEBRATE HOLY EUCHARIST at 4.00 am. when there is a prohibitory ban by the civil authorities. The members of that church had to keep vigil to protest this illegal celebration. Again seeking Police protection and court interference to CELEBRATE HOLY QURBONO is justified by these people!

        The Patriarchal programs were planned much earlier and we have no spiritual nor moral right to judge degree of spiritual preparations by the celebrants! All preparations and prayers are effective when the Holy Spirit descends by His pleasing! It is not on our outwardly worthiness, but by spiritual purity.

        Please don't judge everything in a Phareesean thought.

        God bless you all.
        Lovingly
        Moolelachan