Re: Mr. Thomas P, Please identify yourself

  • Sam Abraham
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 25, 2004
      So much for a man who took a lot of his precious time to share his vast knowledge with us his brothers & sisters and for his relentless efforts to see both the factions united.

      I wish Mr. Thomas P will give his real identity so that those who throw stones on him will feel ashamed.
      If he does not, then I believe he is afraid that somebody will hurt him physically or in some other way since he has lot of foes in this forum. I wonder if that is the real intention of some people demanding his identity?

      BTW, I read somebody's writing in this forum about mother church. I would like to know which is the mother church? The one St. Thomas founded in India, or the one broke away from it a couple of years ago to form another Church under Patriarch of Antioch? Are you talking about St. Thomas Christians in India or are you talking about Antiochian Christians in India? Or those who want to have their feet in both boats to conveniently change to suit the situation?

      regards and love to all

      Sam Abraham
      St. George Orthodox Cathedral
      Abu Dhabi

    • Joseph Yosuk Lee
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 25, 2004
        Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

        James Shin, a brother in Christ with cerebral palsy, found a job at Newport Beach, California. He was able to find a job with help from Marco Zirino, member at Newsong Community Church at Irvine. James' job will utilize his MBA Master's of Business Administration) expertise.

        The people at KCCC (Korea Campus Crusade for Christ) at UC Irvine, Newsong Community Church at Irvine and Cerritos Presbyterian Church at Artesia have elped James a great deal. It was a team effort from three different ministries and churches. I know that many of you have helped James Shin. James wanted to thank all of you in terms of your prayers and accountability.

        I, Joseph Y. Lee, finally got my Master's degree in the electrical engineering department at the University of Southern California. Praise God! It was God. I might be going to work at Samsung Electro-Mechanics in South Korea by January of 2005. I might be leaving the United States by December 2004.

        Please continue to pray for James Shin that he will be successful at the company.

        In Christ,
        Joseph Yosuk Lee
        8th Grade Sunday School Teacher
        Cerritos Presbyterian Church at Artesia, California
      • Saju C Varghese
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2004
          GREETINGS TO ALL,

          " Nothing can be greater than Jesus - not even your sins, your disposition, your troubles. Believe this and you will be victorious in the greatest hardships and battles of faith." 10/26

          Saju C.Varghese
          St.Peter's Cathedral, New Delhi
          St.Thomas Church, N.Parur
          Memebr Id # 0895
        • Fr.Dr.Biji Chirathilattu
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 26, 2004
            The Catholicose of India of the Syrian Orthodox Church has started his Apostolic Visit to the european parishes on 23.10.04.

            He was welcomed at the Apron of the Munich Airport by the Mayor of the city of Munich himself and was escorted through the VVIP exit. He was driven to the City of Göppingen with ecsort of hundreds of cars and police vehicles. There he was accorded a state of hounour welcome by the city authorities. Thousands of Syrian Orthodox beleivers from the different parishes sorroundings of Göppingen attented the Hoy Qurabana clebrated by the Maphrian on 24.10. Today the Catholicose is meeting different state authoriites in Berlin. There will be a Holy mass as well in Berlin today. The coming days the Catholicose will be welcomed in different cities by the believers coming together from the 52 Syrian Orthodox parishes in Germany.

            The catholicose will inaugurate the aniversary celebrations of the St.Mary's Malankara Syrian Orthodox Congregaion in Zurich and Basel on 07.11.04 and attend many programmes there. 10-15 he will be in Vienna as the guest of the Vienna Archbishop and Pro-Oriente. on 11.11.04 He will address Pro-Oriente and on 12.11. he will attend a mass in the central cathedral of vienna "Stephansdom" and following that participate in the lunch arranged by the Vienna Archbishop to honour the catholicose. on 13.11 he will lead the Ecumenical Convention conducted at the St.Mary's Malankara Syr.Orth. Church. on 14.11.04 he will celebrate the holy mass in the church and many Social and Religious dignitaries will speak in the receptin following the meeting to falicitate the catholicose.

            On 20.11.04, 17hr H.B. will inaugurate a Malankara Syrian Orhtodox parish in Germany at Herne and celebrate the mass in the Syrian Orhodox Church at Herne.

            In his european visit H.B is being escorted by H.G. Dr. Kuriakose Mor Theophileos, the Metropolitan of the Malankara Syrain Orthodox European Diocese and V.Rev.Dr. Adai Jacob Corepiscopa, the principal of the M.S.O.T. Seminary.

            With Love and Prayers
            Fr.Dr.Biji Chirathilattu , Vicar, St.Mary's Syrian Orthodox
            Congregation Vienna
            Web:http://www.stmarysvienna.org
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 26, 2004
              Dear All

              There are lot of postings in other forum regarding the purity of the recent Holy Mooron consecration of Syriac Orthodox Church.

              This is neither for an argument nor for a personal reply. The terminology used on consecration of Holy Mooron, as 'DRIVE THROUGH' is denigrating the holy elements.

              To counter these arguments I have many incidents in my mind from the 1912 installation of Poulose 1 Bava to Mathews 11 Bava all done all on a sudden.

              The purity of the consecration ceremony comes from the purity of intention and validity of the authority of the celebrant. The spiritual purity can or must be maintained all through not simply a week before to the ceremony.

              How can an outsider judge the efficacy of the sacrament from judging the iteniery?

              I made a comment in one of my postings that thoughts like these come only from the bickering from the dissatisfaction of the Patriarchal visit.

              Even the Mooron Koodasa is perfected only by the Holy Eucharist. Then Holy Eucharist is more spiritually superior to all the sacraments. Can they see any such 'DT' celebration of Eucharist in the church?

              I know an incident when a high cleric left an ecumenical meeting at Kottayam Catholic Bishop House announcing that he has a program in a church in the South and went to Aluva to enter the Trikkunnathu Seminary to CELEBRATE HOLY EUCHARIST at 4.00 am. when there is a prohibitory ban by the civil authorities. The members of that church had to keep vigil to protest this illegal celebration. Again seeking Police protection and court interference to CELEBRATE HOLY QURBONO is justified by these people!

              The Patriarchal programs were planned much earlier and we have no spiritual nor moral right to judge degree of spiritual preparations by the celebrants! All preparations and prayers are effective when the Holy Spirit descends by His pleasing! It is not on our outwardly worthiness, but by spiritual purity.

              Please don't judge everything in a Phareesean thought.

              God bless you all.
              Lovingly
              Moolelachan