Re: Fourth Annual Orthodox Prayer Service for UN

  • Rev. Dn. George Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2004
      I read the posting on "Fourth Annual Orthodox Prayer Service for the United Nations Community" with a bit of fascination. It is good that such a meeting was held so that the relgious leaders could promote peace within their churches.

      There was one statement which Archbishop Karim made which I found intriguing.

      "Concerning the United Nations, His Eminence stated: 'Peace is only possible when it is built on justice. As long as I am not able to identify with my
      neighbor's pain and suffering, we will not have peace.'"

      Is this why there is no peace in the Malankara Church?

      Dn. George Mathew
      St. Thomas Indian Orthodox Church, Washington DC