Re: IOC don't even know who Valiya thirumeni is

  • Boney Kuriakose
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2004
      In this digest, mr. Thomas P says .....

      The Church issues are not between our fathers and saints,
      but it started with division between Mar Abdulla and Mar
      Abded Messih.

      Could you please elaborate??

      Every week he finds a new reason for the problems in the church and conveniently forgets all that was said and done before. Now its time for justification of an action(canonisation of Athanasious Thirumeni) and so you can blame it one someone else.

      It would be great if he can also explain whether he thinks Athanasious thirumenis actions in upholding the allegience to the Throne of St. Peter at Antioch right or wrong? and give his reasons as to why he thinks so.

      If the action was wrong, then why IOC want to proclaim him a Saint??(after all he was going against the stand of the church!)

      if the action was right, then why Thirumeni was not respected and was tortured during his life time by the same people and their forefathers who are proclaiming him a saint. Are they accepting the mistake?

      If so will they do the same later in case of our fathers Baselious Poulose II and Baselious Thomas I later?? If not, why??

      If they are accepting the mistakes then will they conduct a fair election to the Thrikkunathu seminary with all the families who were there before some people took it over from the Majority??

      Are there any followers for IOC in Akaparambu church?? If so how many?? To whom all did Baselious Mathews II discuss the matter before announcing our thirumeni as Saint and what were the discussions?? I think it will be fair for everyone to know the details

      prayers

      Boney Kuriakose

      St. Ignatius Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church,

      Ponnurunni,Vyttila, Ernakulam