Re: IOC don't even know who Valiya Thirumeni is

  • CJ Varughese
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2004
      Dear SOCM-FORUM Members,

      This has reference to Bro. Thomas P.'s message-6 in Dig.No.995 regarding
      IOC don't even know who Valiya Thirumeni is. Wherein he mentioned:

      > Athanasius Thirumeni and Vattasheril Thirumeni were both disciples of
      > Parumala Thirumeni. Both were ordained priest by Parumala Thirumeni, both
      > received two ordinations from Parumala Thirumeni - Vattasheril Thirumeni
      > (Deacon, Priest), Athanasius Thirumeni (Priest, Ramban).
      >
      > St. Dionysius was keen in theology. Thus he was appointed as Malpan to
      > teach the faith. He also accompanied Parumala Thirumeni during the journey
      > to Jerusalem. Both saints would have served Parumala Thirumeni as deacons.
      > Unless there is trust, no one will handover catechism (which is the most
      > important) to a father. So, Parumala Thirumeni had great trust in Mar
      > Divannasios in Orthodox faith matters. Thus his catechism was followed in
      > the Church.

      His point:Athanasius Thirumni and Vattasseril Thirumeni were both
      disciplies of Parumala Thirumeni. Bro. Thomas had very cleverly emphasized
      that both were disciples of St. Gregorios of Malankara. It is my
      understanding that only one become a disciple when he fulfil the wishes of
      his master. Can Bro. Thomas or any IOC member can claim that Vattasseril
      Thirumeni fulfilled the wishes of his master St. Gregorios of Malankara. I
      would urge Bro. Thomas not to use the word "disciple" of Parumala
      Thirumeni in case of Vattasseril Thirumeni, rather he can use a "student".
      Everybody know that a Teacher-Student last only till that student get
      acquainted with the knowelege imparted by his Teacher. And also a teacher
      never expect anything in return from his student, and a student is not
      bound to follow the ways and means shown by his Teacher. As Bro. Thomas's
      claim Parumala Thirumeni's trust in Mor Divannasios in Orthodox faith
      matter was great. An actor can act rather better than reality, and that
      was the case here.

      With best wishes,
      CJ Varughese
      St. Mary's JSO church, Ahmedabad

      I am not forgeting Vattasseril Thirumeni's deep knowledge of Syrian
      Orthodox Liturgy, but his selfishness, craze for money, cunningness would
      never be forsaken. Just for the control 3000 Varahans, how many crores of
      rupees of the Malankara Church (both SOC & IOC) have been wasted through
      court litigations, and it will be a history that this litigation is
      nearing a century old. And also the enemity created among the faithfuls,
      division in Churches, abandonment of scores Churches, loss of life and
      scores of such other difficulties. If Vattasseril Thirumeni kept restraint
      and follow the path of his predecessor, all these could have been avoided.
      The divide between SOC faithfuls and IOC faithfuls are now stand out of
      bound of reparation. By every call of unity in the past, the ultimate
      loosers were only SOC.