Re: Thrikkunnathu Church - Let's pray for its opening

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2004
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Koshy George wrote:

      > Koshy George, Baroda
      > Thumpamon Valiyapally.

      Dear Koshy, When you go home, do you really attend liturgy at
      Thumpamon Valiyapalli? I am happy if you attend (not because Orthodox
      faction get one more member, but to learn that you are keeping the
      spirit of unity), but would you tell me sincerely if you attend?

      Once I went to Manjinikkara riding few kms in my cycle. There, a
      chevalier asked me some tricky questions. He thought I am anti-
      Orthodox faction. I am neither anti-Orthodox, not anti-Jacobite, but
      it is a previlege to be part of the Orthodox confession, which I
      think is most important compared with petty issues and claims of
      perfection. What is the foundation of the Church? It is not a piece
      of Rock or throne or supreme rule of any human, but the faith kept by
      the people. Though fanaticism is not good, I think a temporary
      solution is to shift the fanaticism from other issues to a fanaticism
      about Orthodoxy, which can help in developing a common goal.

      Thomas

      St. Mary Orthodox Church/St. George Orthodox Church, Thumpamon