Re: IOC don't even know who Valiya thirumeni is

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2004
      Dear Koshy,

      The dates of ordination of how many bishops you know accurately? I do not remember the date of ordination of any bishop of the Orthodox faction, but it is our belief that they were ordained. If I made an incorrect statement, please pardon. I participated in the elevation of only one bishop, late Mar Benyamin Osthathios at Manjinikkara Dayara.

      Athanasius Thirumeni and Vattasheril Thirumeni were both disciples of Parumala Thirumeni. Both were ordained priest by Parumala Thirumeni, both received two ordinations from Parumala Thirumeni - Vattasheril Thirumeni (Deacon, Priest), Athanasius Thirumeni (Priest, Ramban).

      St. Dionysius was keen in theology. Thus he was appointed as Malpan to teach the faith. He also accompanied Parumala Thirumeni during the journey to Jerusalem. Both saints would have served Parumala Thirumeni as deacons. Unless there is trust, no one will handover catechism (which is the most important) to a father. So, Parumala Thirumeni had great trust in Mar Divannasios in Orthodox faith matters. Thus his catechism was followed in the Church.

      The Church issues are not between our fathers and saints, but it started with division between Mar Abdulla and Mar Abded Messih.

      -Thomas P
      St. Mary Orthodox/ St. George Orthodox churches, Thumpamon