Re: Mor Athanasius Paulose

  • Bobby K
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2004
      I recently read in the Mangalam News daily about the ongoing procedures in our Holy Church to officially declare Mor Athanasius Paulose (Aluva Valiya Thirumeni) as a Saint. As we all know Thirumeni is the founder of many spiritual organizations like Sunday School Association and the Mor Gregorios Youth Association. Throughout his life he stayed for defending the True Antiochian Faith and is known with great veneration as the "Vishwasa Samrakshakan". He is also the founder of the Thrikkunnathu Seminary which is being held by the IOC faction. Through his mediation lot of people have
      experienced miracles in their lives from God, and they remember the great Thirumeni as a saint.

      With great surprise I read an article in the Deepika Newspaper dated August 15th, 2004 that the IOC faction has also decided to declare Valiya Thirumeni to be a saint. The article says that the IOC Catholicose is so much concerned about this declaration and he has already discussed this matter with the members of Akapparambu Church. I really do not understand the stand of fairness in this. What right does the IOC Catholicose have to do a declaration like this? Doesn't this reveal how double-minded and manipulative certain people are? They reject all Syrian Orthodox traditions even if they follow the same liturgy and use the same outfits. They do not want to accept Syrian Orthodox bishops or the Patriarch. But they still want to have full control over churches like the Kallada Church which has the tomb of SOC bishop Mor Anthrayose Bava. They want to take over the control of Manjinikkara Dayara. How long are we going to keep our eyes shut and suffer this torture? I don't think any of our faithful would welcome this decision. Its high time we should all wake up and protect our church from being intruded.

      Remember what Jesus Christ did at the Jerusalem Temple to the thieves and the intruders!!

      Bobby K
      St. Mary's Church, Manarcad