Mor Abo

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17 11:38 PM
      Dear All,

      Mor Abo

      Last week I had the opportunity to visit,the tomb of the above visuthan. The saint is buried at a church at Thevalakkara nearly 8-10 KMs away from Karunagapalli( near Kollam).The church is named after the saint(.Abo pally).Thank God for giving me a chance to visit the place as it was a long pending desire.H.G is considered as a jacobite bishop who has visited Kollam from Persia and tried to encourage people to keep the faith in Syrian orthodox church in southern districts of kerala,.

      The saint's visit is anywhere between 6-12 century A.D(?)The church is in the hands of IOC,unfortunately.They do not give much value for our saints. (Another example is the tomb of Simon Mor Athenasios Metropolitan(1881-89), patriarchial delegate buried at Puthenpally(Cheriapally chapel,kottayam).

      I request our church leadership to start commemorating the memorial days of these bishops,in all our churches,.

      Regards
      vmt
      V.M. Thomas
      St. Mary's Jacobite Church