Transfiguration of Lord Jesus Christ

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2004
      Holy Scripture reading : St. Luke 9:27-36

      27 I tell you the truth, that there are some standing here, who will
      not taste death, until they shall see the kingdom of God.
      28 And it was about eight days after these discourses, that Jesus
      took Simon and James and John, and went up a mountain to pray.
      29 And while he prayed, the aspect of his countenance was changed,
      and his garments became white and brilliant.
      30 And lo, two men were talking with him: and they were Moses and
      Elijah,
      31 who appeared in glory. And they were conversing on his
      departure, which was to be consummated at Jerusalem.
      32 And Simon and those with him were oppressed with drowsiness; and
      being scarcely awake, they saw his glory, and those two men who stood
      near him.
      33 And when they began t to retire from him, Simon said to Jesus:
      Rabbi, it is delightful for us to be here. And let us make here three
      booths, one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah. But he
      knew not what he said.
      34 And as he thus spoke, there was a cloud; and it overshadowed
      them; and they were afraid, when they saw Moses and Elijah go up into
      the cloud.
      35 And there was a voice from the cloud, which said: This is my
      beloved Son; hear ye him.
      36 And when the voice had passed, Jesus was found to be alone. And
      they kept silence, and told no one in those days what they had seen.

      Regards

      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatious SOC, Dallas