www.syriacmusic.com

  • Prakash George
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2004
      Dear all members,

      Please find great Syrian music through the link given below:
      http://www.syriacmusic.com/

      Quoting from the site :

      St. Ephraim the Patriarchal Choir

      Syriac music has a history spanning thousands of years and has been the essential element for the development of the folk music which is still alive hitherto in the Middle East. St. Ephraim the Patriarchal Choir established in 1980 by H.H. Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas at St. George’s Cathedral in Damascus. Father Severius Malke Mourad, (currently Mor Severius Malke the bishop of Jerusalem) was selected to be the first leader of the choir. Nowadays the choir is directed by father Jean Kawak who works together with the musician Chadi Emile Sarwé to continue the choir’s improvement.

      History of The Syriac Music Church

      Music of the Syriac Orthodox Church is enriched and has a sterling history running from the beginning of our times derived from the ancient Sumerian and Acadian musical period.

      Please use the link and enjoy our traditional Syriac Music
      With love and prayer
      Prakash George
      St.Thomas Jacobite Syrian Church
      Thiruvanchoor, Kottayam