Limited-Copy Sale: 15-30% Discount on New Titles

  • Forum Moderator
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      A month ago, Gorgias Press offered a huge discount on pre-published titles (many in the Syriac field). This email is to alert those who might be interested that for most titles, there are less than 10 copies available at this discount. You can see the counter for each title at

      (Or http://www.gorgiaspress.com and click on Forthcoming Titles.)

      All titles will be released by the first 1/2 of 2002 (some in 2 weeks).

      George Kiraz

      Up to 30% off on Pre-publication Orders
      (Limited discounted copies available)

      Gorgias Press is pleased to announce 23 new books for the year 2002. All 2002 books are available now at a limited-copy Pre-Publication Discount (15% to 30% off). Order now to reserve your copies. We will not charge your credit card, nor deposit your checks, until the books ship. Below, you will also find a list of our 2001 books. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Christine I. Kiraz
      Vice President, Gorgias Press
      46 Orris Ave.
      Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA
      Fax 732-699-0342

      2002 Titles
      List Price
      Pre-Publication
      Price
      Assemani, Joseph. Bibliotheca Orientalis Clementino-Vaticana (5 volumes, ca. 4,000 pp.)$450.00$315.00
      Barsoum, Aphram I. History of Syriac Literature and Sciences. Translated into English by Matti Moosa.
      $45.00$36.00
      Burkitt, F. C. Early Christianity Outside the Roman Empire$14.95$12.71
      Dalley, Stephanie. Mari and Karana, Two Old Babylonian Cities$29.95$25.46
      Edkins, Joseph. Chinese Buddhism$29.95$25.46
      Grant, Asahel. The Nestorians or the Lost Tribe$29.95$25.46
      Hatch, William. An Album of Dated Syriac Manuscripts$120.00$96.00
      Hilprecht, H. V. Explorations in Bible Land During the 19th Century (2 volumes)$78.00$66.30
      Kiraz, The New Concise Concordance of the Syriac New Testament (4 volumes)$320.00$256.00
      Kiraz, George. Lexical Tools to the Syriac New Testament$24.95$21.21
      Layard, Austen. Discoveries in the Ruins of Nineveh and Babylon$68.00$57.80
      Margoliouth, G. Descriptive List of Syriac and Karshuni Manuscripts in the British Museum$29.95$22.46
      O'Leary, De Lacy. The Syriac Church and Fathers$19.95$16.96
      Palmer, P.H. History of the Jewish Nation$44.95$38.21
      Rawlinson, George. The Seven Great Monarchies of the Ancient Eastern World: The History, Geography, and Antiquities of Chaldaea, Assyria, Babylon, Media, Persia, Parthia, and Sassanian, or New Persian Empire (3 volumes)
      $125.00$93.75
      Smith, George. Assyrian Discoveries: An Account of Explorations and Discoveries on the Site of Nineveh, During 1873 and 1874
      $59.95$47.96
      Thomson, Andrew. In the Holy Land$44.95$38.21
      Tristram, H. B. The Natural History of the Bible. Being a Review of the Physical Geography...$59.95$47.96
      Tristram, H.B. Land of Israel. A Journey of Travel in Palestine$68.00$57.80
      Wigram, W. A. The Assyrians and Their Neighbours$34.95$26.21
      Wright, William. Catalogue of the Syriac Manuscripts in the British Museum (3 volumes)$185.00$138.00
      Wright, William. Catalogue of the Syriac Manuscripts in the Library of the University of Cambridge$160.00$120.00
      Wright, William. Lectures on the Comparative Grammar of the Semitic Langauges$29.95$24.46

      2001 Titles
      List Price
      Bell, Gertrude. Amurath to Amurath: A Journey Along the Banks of the Euphrates$34.95
      Curzon, Robert. Ancient Monasteries of the East, Or The Monasteries of the Levant $24.95
      Davey, Richard. The Sultan and His Subjects$29.95
      Evetts, B. T. A. The Churches and Monasteries of Egypt and Some Neighbouring Countries$49.95
      Fortescue, Adrian. The Eastern Churches Trilogy: The Lesser Eastern Churches$31.95
      Fortescue, Adrian. The Eastern Churches Trilogy: The Orthodox Eastern Churches$31.95
      Fortescue, Adrian. The Eastern Churches Trilogy: The Uniate Eastern Churches$21.95
      Gibson, Margaret. How the Codex Was Found: ... Two Visits to Sinai From Mrs. Lewis's Journal$14.95
      Hill , J. Hamlyn. The Earliest Life of Christ: The Diatessaron of Tatian $14.95
      Holm, Frits. My Nestorian Adventure in China, Account of the Holm-Nestorian Expedition$24.95
      Jackson, A. V. William. From Constantinople to the Home of Omar Khayyam$29.95
      Kessler, Gary D. On the Downtown Mall$15.95
      Knanishu, Joseph. About Persia and Its People$24.95
      Layard, Austen Henry. Nineveh and Its Remains (2-volume Unabridged Edition)$49.95
      Murdock, James. The New Testament: A Literal Translation from the Syriac Peshitto Version$44.95
      Parry, Oswald H. Six Months in a Syrian Monastery$39.95
      Segal, J. B. Edessa 'The Blessed City'$44.95
      Vaka, Demetra. The Unveiled Ladies of Stamboul$29.95
      Vallavanthara, Antony. India In 1500 AD: The Narratives of Joseph The Indian $24.95
      Wright, William. Short History of Syriac Literature$29.95

      More detailed book descriptions, including tables of contents, can be found on our web site. To order online, please visit www.gorgiaspress.com (click on "Forthcoming in 2002"). You can send your orders with payment information by fax to 732-699-0342, or mail them to Gorgias Press, 46 Orris Ave., Piscataway, NJ 08854.