Re: Catholic magazine against bad practices of MOC - Thomas P

  • Koshy George
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hello Thomas,

      What’s wrong with exposing this burning issue. All these must have to be certainly exposed so that such mistakes may be curtailed in the future atleast.

      What we have seen in the bishop election of Malankara Orthodox Church was a very unhealthy practice. Nowhere in the world could one find such a shameful election; street canvassing, advertisements in major News papers by candidates etc, etc.. Still, if you find anything wrong in the malankara voice postings instead of a self examination, you may please recheck all the previous mails in your MOC forum itself. There u can find several articles criticizing this MOC bishop election. Among them were your emails also.

      I have also read an article by Chor-episcopa V. Rev Kuriakose Thottupuram of MOC in his internet herald. In atleast 3 different issues of that magazine, he has questioned the bad practices prevailing in the MOC election. He even suggested a remedy by pointing out the Coptic election process. Even you have supported his article which I have read in MOC forum. But the worst thing happened in the June parumala election of MOC which was admitted by your church leaders itself. All these means that there was something fishy that happened in MOC election this year. Now what morality do you have to question others when it is an undisputable fact that MOC election process brought shame to the Indian Christianity itself.

      Koshy George, Baroda
      Thumpamon Valiyapally