Interpretations of the Conversation between Patriarch and Catholicos

  • Paul Pothen
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      Thomas Pal has now started posting another set of mails (Part I) in the IOC forum which is filled with action packed dialogues which as usual, ends in favour of his faction. This he has styled, as a conversation between the Patriarch & the Catholicos (Part I) and in it, always the Patriarch and our Metropolitans are at the receiving end !!!!!

      The amusing part of this is that these conversations were edited by one Cheriamadathil Scaria Malpan who was a well known IOC loyalist, and another
      known IOC loyalist, Mr. K V Mammen of Kandathil (Manorama fame) has published
      it now.

      Actually what proof do these fellows have to show that these were their
      (Patriarch and Catholicoses) personal conversations? All these conversations
      are said to have been reproduced from the memory of Scaria Malpan which itself
      makes one doubtful of its truthfulness.

      Anyhow for this we cannot blame Scaria Malpan or some others alone, as it is
      only a part of their duty to safeguard their community interests.

      However when I read this posting of Thomas, a few doubts came to my mind.

      What was this Scaria Malpan doing in the room when the said conversation of the
      Patriarch and Catholicos was going on? Was he recording in a paper the entire
      conversation, in front of them? Or was he reproduced all these dialogues later
      on, from his memory? Did he have included the entire conversation, or only the
      interpretations that suit his faction?

      Paul Pothen,
      St.Peter's Ernakulam

      NB: There was an old military man in my village who used to tell us a lot about
      his great achievements in the war against Pakistan. As a child I believed all
      these stories; only when I grew older could realize that these stories were
      just his imaginations. The funniest thing is that he was not even present their
      in the Warfield, he was only a cook !!!! We can find lot of such characters in
      the society.