Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      "I say that the ineffable speech which Paul heard spoken in Paradise
      were the eternal good things which eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
      nor the heart of man conceived. These things, which God has prepared
      for those who love Him, are not protected by heights, nor enclosed in
      some secret place, nor hidden in the depths, nor kept at the ends of
      the earth or sea. They are right in front of you, before your very
      eyes. So, what are they? Together with the good things stored up in
      heaven, these are the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ which
      we see every day, and eat and drink. These, we avow, are those good
      things. Outside of these you will not be able to find one of the
      things spoken of, even if you were to traverse the whole of creation.
      If you do want to know the truth of my words, become holy by
      practicing God's commandments and then partake of the holy things,
      and you will know precisely the force of what I am telling you."

      St. Symeon the New Theologian.

      "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which
      endures to everlasting life." John 6:27