Re:Letter of Mor Nicholovose to Ms.Lincy Thomas

  • James K. John
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2004
      Mor Nicholovose wrote to Ms/Lincy Thomas:

      " I am always willing to anybody with some sense of reason negotiate and
      settle all matters regarding the finance and other matters. Nobody is
      interested in settling anything but generating rumors and I feel you
      also are a victim of the rumors"

      Here is a humble HG who is looking for "any body with some sense of
      reason " to negotiate with him. A Very touching and affable
      statement.. Brilliant !!!!!

      But the issue is:
      (1) What are we supposed to negotiate with him
      (2) How can any body with some self-respect sit down with an HG who is
      refusing to recognize/acknowledge the Encyclical from the very H.H who
      ordained him.
      (3) According to this HG (on staten Island case) he has heard there is
      a church called "Jacobite church" but has no knowledge of it.
      .....and HG is looking for anybody with sense of reason to negotiate with him.

      Now Some Facts:

      I was a council member of the last council of Mor Nichcholovos when he
      was the Arch Bishop of Malankara Syrian Orthodox church in North
      America. In December 2001 with out notifying the council or any of the
      church bodies in North America HG Nicholovose, flew to India and
      declared The Malankara Syrian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America
      under the Holy See of Antioch is switching their allegiance to the holy
      see of the Catholicose of Devalokam because of the supreme court
      verdict of 1995. This baffled all the Jacobites in US. ( HG is looking
      for anybody with sense of reason to negotiate) In response to this
      action, HH suspended HG, dissolved all administrative bodies of HG, and
      appointed an Adhoc Executive committee to handle the situation in North
      American Diocese. I was a member of that Executive committee.
      (Archbishop Theethose & current Archdiocesan Secretary V.Rev.Eapen
      Ezhamalil were also members)

      I personally called the then diocesan Secretary and Trustee of the
      suspended Nicholovos council of which I was also a member. Secretary
      Achen (Very Rev.Fr Puthoorkudilil) was very cooperative, but the trustee
      Mr. Mathew Kuriakose of White plains church refused to cooperate. He
      refused to accept the Kalpana from HH Patriarch. I called him and talked
      with him 3 times about the church accounts. He said he would submit it
      when there is a proper authority. As of today, Mathew Kuriakose has not
      handed over the accounts to the Malankara Syrian Orthodox church.
      (Mathew is a relative of Moovattupuzha Athanatious) He is still in
      denial and refuse to acknowledge that Mor Nicholovose is not an
      Archbishop. (HG Nicholovose is looking for anybody with sense of reason
      to negotiate for $60000)

      In the Meantime, The executive committee had a responsibility to
      fulfill to the greater cause of the Malankara Syrian Orthodox
      Christians. We decided to continue our work (with personal sacrifices)
      whether Mr. Mathew Kuriakose hands over the Syrian Orthodox church
      accounts or not. We received interim leadership from Mor Julius
      Kuriakose and by January Mor Ivanios Mathews of Kandanadu was appointed
      as Archbishop of North American Archdiocese. By February, we were able
      to convene a delegate meeting of all churches in North America with Mor
      Ivanious as President and a new Council was elected. Mor Ivanios called
      Mathew Kuriakose and asked him to submit the accounts. He told Mor
      Ivanios to come to his house and negotiate with Mor Nicholovos for
      settling the account ( HG Nicholovose is looking for anybody with sense
      of reason to negotiate for $60000).

      Mor Ivanious had to make a choice. Should HIS EMINENCE COMPROMISE on
      the Christian Principle and stoop down in front of Mathew Kuriakose &
      Mor Nicholovos FOR MATERIALISTIC GAINS or forgo the accounts or file a
      lawsuit.

      His Eminence chose not to stoop down. It was a painful decision. In
      discussing this issue with Mor Ivanious (I belong to St.George Carteret,
      New Jersey), He told me "James, I chose to become a Bishop fully knowing
      my life and the path will not be an easy one as a Jacobite Bishop. I may
      not become very popular but I am not going to compromise on values and
      the trust endowed in me as a Methrachan". ( and HG Nicholovose is
      looking for anybody with sense of reason to negotiate).

      While Mor Nicholovose and his co-conspirators are still occupying the
      Aramana and the 6 apartments bought with the money of the Jacobites,
      Mor Ivanious lived and the current Arch Bishop Mor Titus Theethose is
      living in a small bedroom that can accommodate only a Twin bed in the
      Parsonage attached to St.George church Carteret New Jersey. On certain
      days, 3 priests and visiting senior metropolitan from Malankara had to
      sleep on the floor. H.B the Catholicose was content to sleep on a
      folding bed. (and HG Nicholovose is looking for anybody with sense of
      reason to negotiate).

      The Aramana Trusty Mr. Jacob Kurikose & Secretary Rev.Fr.Paulose Peter
      is maintaining the property belongs to a trust headed by Nicholovose.
      The truth is Mor Nicholovose became the President of the Trust as the
      Archbishop of Malankara Syrian Orthodox Syrian Church under the
      Patriarch of Antioch and all the East. Mor Nicholovose is not an Arch
      Bishop now. (Is HG Nicholovose is looking for somebody with sense of
      reason to negotiate it ?).

      I hope St.George, Carteret, NJ preserve this room and its furniture as a
      testimony to future generations on the conditions in which some of our
      Archbishops lived.

      To conclude having an HG or Dr or HH in front of a name does not make
      one Honorable. Negotiations are fruitful when they are done with men of
      honor, integrity, or values.

      To put bluntly for the pain and suffering caused by the breach of trust
      by the methran quatro's defected to IOC, the place for them should be
      behind bars not Altars. AT LEAST LET IOC & SOC NOT HONOR THEM WITH A
      SEAT AT NEGOTIATING TABLES UNTIL THEY SHOW SOME REMORSE FOR THE PAIN AND
      SUFFERING AND SHAME THEY INFLICTED UPON NOT ONLY JACOBITES AND ORTHODOX
      CHRISTIANS BUT ON ALL CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY HAILING FROM KERALA.

      I believe the century old Orthodox Church organizations relentless
      court pursuit has a profound impact in the deterioration of civil and
      political institutions of Kerala. By promoting switching of faith over
      night with out any impunity IOC is encouraging Anarchy in the state of
      Kerala.

      Jacobite Church will survive and flourish whether some HG's are with
      them or not, irrespective of losing some Aramana's and properties. Soon
      Mor Theethose will have his own Aramana also.

      In the mean time some of us will have to work little harder to stop the
      moral bleeding.

      M/s Lincy you did the right thing .more people should demand better from their leaders.

      Regards,

      James K. John
      Carteret, New Jersey