Horror, prayers and help needed

  • Claude Guerillot
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      Dear beloved brethren in Christ,

      I had just read this information on CNN. Our brothers and sisters in Iraq are
      targeted. They need our prayers, asking our Lord and God to save them from this horror. May be they need also our help. May our bishops organize this help!

      A string of bombings targeted two churches in Baghdad on Sunday and one in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, killing at least two people and wounding an unknown number of others, Iraqi police said.

      Lt. Col. James Hutton, a spokesman for the U.S. Army's 1st Cavalry Division, said four explosions occurred in Baghdad late Sunday -- two in the Karada district, east of the heavily fortified Green Zone, and two in southern Baghdad neighborhoods.

      Police said one person was dead and an unknown number wounded in Karada, which houses Iraq's national theater and several churches for Iraq's Christian minority.

      Police and emergency workers responding to the first blast, which occurred about 6 p.m. (10 a.m. ET), discovered a second car they suspected had been rigged as a bomb. The explosives in that vehicle detonated before it could be disarmed, they said.

      And in Mosul, two car bombs exploded outside a church as worshippers were leaving about 7 p.m. (11 a.m. ET), Police Gen. Mohammed Kairi Barhawi said.

      In a deep sadness.

      Claude

      Parish of the Most Holy Mother of God
      Montfermeil - France