Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 10:53 PM
      "Acquire the grace of the Holy Spirit also by practicing all the
      other virtues for Christ's sake. Trade spiritually with them; trade
      with those which give you the greatest profit. Accumulate capital
      from the superabundance of God's grace, deposit it in God's eternal
      bank which will bring you immaterial interest, not four or six
      percent, but one hundred percent for one spiritual trouble, and even
      infinitely more than that. For example, if prayer and watching gives
      you more of God's grace, watch and pray; if fasting gives you much of
      the Spirit of God, fast; if almsgiving gives you more, give alms.
      Weigh every virtue done for Christ's sake in this manner."

      St. Seraphim of Sarov.

      "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth
      and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me." John
      8:42