CONDOLENCE...(Mor Severius Saliba of Lebanon)

  • Dr. Paul Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 10:19 AM
      Dear all,

      It was with deep grief that I read the passing away of the Bishop of Zahle, Mor Severius Saliba Touma.

      Few months back, when I was talking to Lebanon Arch Bishop MOr Theophilus Geroge Saliba about the diocesan affairs , Aboon told many things .And among those things he mentioned about his fellow Bishops and talked very high about Mor Severius.He also mentioned that Mor Severius recovered from a surgery to brain tumour and was back to routine activities looking after his flock.Mor Theophilus was a bit desperate when he mentioned about Mor Severius.And he said Mor Severius was a young and energetic bishop looking very keenly on the affairs of the Church in Lebanon. When I read about the demise,I was remembering what Mor Theophilus told me.

      For the Church in Kerala, demise of Mor Osthathius Benjamin was a blow. Likewise ,the demise of Mor Severius will be a great loss for the Church in Lebanon.Surely it is a great loss for the Church in whole.

      Let's pray to God for his soul.

      Dr.Paul Samuel
      St. Peter's Jacobite Church
      Thiruvanadnapuram