HB Mor Baselious Paulose II - (The dining room )

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1039 , Jul 6, 2004
      All
      This was strange. I have to tell you that ..
      It was exam time. I am studying late evening. I used to study in
      Bava's dining room. It was an L shaped table which can accomodate 12
      to 16 people. During synods all bishops used to sit there. At one end
      Bava had a chair it had cushion on it, other chiars didn't. I would
      never sit on the chair reserved for Bava. But on the one close to
      it. There was a door from this dining room to his guest/living room.
      ( all one :). It will be closed usualy.

      So it was dinner time. The door opened and Bava came to the dining
      room. I was reading. I stopped it and stood up. He sat on his chair
      and asked me to sit and continue reading. Imgine that ! Sitting
      close to Bava ! ( and read ). I could not do that and I told him it
      is my dinner time too and will go to my dinner table. For which he
      said " you will not sit even if I say ?". I was in a dilemma. But
      my nervouness prevailed and i smiled and went down stairs.

      Next day same scenario. Dinner time. Door opens Bava sees me and
      with in a fraction of a second closes the door. Then he rang the bell
      for the boy and asked him to take his dinner (which is Kanji most
      days ) to his room!. He told the room boy " That enginer (that is
      how HB used to call me) is studying there and I dont want to disturb
      him"

      I did not know what to say... People with this kind of humillty
      They do exist. Because I saw it. Otherwise I would not have believed it.

      NB: When I read that IOC catholica invited by Mor Attanasious (Muvattupuzha)
      sat on that room to plot against JSC my heart burdened.
      Did this father cried from heaven ? I am certain he did.

      Regards

      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatious JSC
      Dallas