HB Mor Baselious Paulose II - (Calculator )

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1039 , Jul 6, 2004
      Dear brothers,

      I had an opportunity to stay with our late HB Baselious Paulose II Bava.
      For three years. In next few posts I will share my experiences with
      him. There are other people who had amazing experiences. Hopefully
      they will share theirs too here.

      My parents or family never knew Bava personaly. When I got admission
      to engineering, one friend of mine ( Saji- who died some 8 years back
      in a car accident - may his soul rest in peace) told me that Bava
      like "students who are good in studies " and if you approach he may
      let me stay there. So I apporached Bava. He was sleeping when I
      reached there. But once he got up, he asked which church I am from. I
      answered him. And he said "You can stay here!". And I sayed in a
      room. Some time Bava will knock the door and come into the room
      in white paijama and will enquire studies for which I will give a
      nervous answer...

      A few months into my stay there, an incident happened. At that time
      caluclators where difficult to get (imagine that!) we have to get it
      illegaly. So my cousin from USA gave me one. But soon it was broke.
      So I got another from my cousin in Gulf. It was precious for me.
      But while commuting to my school in a line bus , I lost it. In the
      evening i waited for the the bus to come to ask them. They did not
      come. I was sure i have lost it and did not want to face my parents
      over it.

      I went to Bava and told him, if he prays I will get my calculator
      back. He said " Can't you get another one ?" I said it is difficult.
      He said he will pray.

      Next day, I waited for the bus to come. I asked the conductor if any
      one handed over a calulator. He said no. and added " it was market
      day yesterday and bus was full. in the evening they gave bus for wash
      and even if there was anyting either some people or people who washed
      the bus might have stolen it". I gave up hope. I got into the bus
      and sat in the seat where I used to sit. I looked down and found
      my calulator in between seat and body of the busy,hidden, not seen
      by all the passengers who sat there, for 24 hours and not even seen
      by peple who washed it.! I took it, thought about Bava. I could not
      even still forget how some one did not see it?

      Regards

      Paul Philipose
      St. Ignatius JSC
      Dallas