Re: The Girdle of our Lady Virgin Mary / Malad Soonoro Church

  • Biju Kurian
    Message 1 of 1039 , Jul 6, 2004
      Dear Wilson achan/ others,

      Its nice to hear about a new church especially in Mumbai. But I do have the following questions regarding the info posted here. Almost all these questions are generic - concerning a trend in church - and not very new. Hope this forum would be a good place to discuss these.

      1. Why is the casket opened only once an year ? I understand the teachings of the Church about the holy relics that they can be subjects thru which the Holy spirit may work resulting in miracles. But is there any constraints/canons for the restricted access or the annual ceremonies?

      2. How are the "blessings for non-believers" justified here ? Will that do anything good for the evangalization (spreading the word of gospel about God's plan thru His Son) and salvation of mankind? [Unfortunately, I haven't heard any stories about these kinds of places leading people to Jesus. Please enlighten me if any body has examples] If not, What are we achieving/ what is the mission to be fulfilled here, as Syriyac Orthodox Christian? On what grounds are we doing these?

      3. Is there any canons in place, within Syriyac Orthodox church which tells about building/administrating such "ceremonial pilgrim centers" (Obviously, its very clear from the post that its not just a church - where the believers come together to worship)?

      Obviously these questions are not newly arised in my mind; but have been there for a long time. I (as well us most of you) can see the *MBA facts behind this!!! But I just do not want to accept that first hand and that's why seeking whether there are any (legitimate) reasons for these.

      Hope to see some genuine answers.

      snehapoorvam,

      Biku

      Biju Kurian
      Marthoman church Mulanthuruthy

      *MBA = Master of Business Administration

      PS: This msg was originally posted on second week of April but is reportedly missing; hence the repost.
    • Jaison
      Message 1039 of 1039 , Sep 21, 2011
        Dear all
        regards