Abiding in His Kingdom

  • Mussie. O
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      Peace and grace to you all beloved family of Christ.

      Praises and thanks be to God our ever fresh fountain
      of strength.

      Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world"
      John 18:36

      The great enemy of the Lord Jesus Christ today is the
      idea of practical work that has no basis in the New
      Testament but comes from the systems of the world.
      This work insists upon endless energy and activities,
      but no private life with God. The emphasis is put on
      the wrong thing. Jesus said, "The kingdom of God does
      not come with observation . . . . For indeed, the
      kingdom of God is within you" ( Luke 17:20-21 ). It is
      a hidden, obscure thing. An active Christian worker
      too often lives to be seen by others, while it is the
      innermost, personal area that reveals the power of a
      person's life.

      We must get rid of the plague of the spirit of this
      religious age in which we live. In our Lord's life
      there was none of the pressure and the rushing of
      tremendous activity that we regard so highly today,
      and a disciple is to be like His Master. The central
      point of the kingdom of Jesus Christ is a personal
      relationship with Him, not public usefulness to
      others.

      It is not the practical activities that are the
      strength of this Bible Training CollegeĀ—its entire
      strength lies in the fact that here you are immersed
      in the truths of God to soak in them before Him. You
      have no idea of where or how God is going to engineer
      your future circumstances, and no knowledge of what
      stress and strain is going to be placed on you either
      at home or abroad. And if you waste your time in
      overactivity, instead of being immersed in the great
      fundamental truths of God's redemption, then you will
      snap when the stress and strain do come. But if this
      time of soaking before God is being spent in getting
      rooted and grounded in Him, which may appear to be
      impractical, then you will remain true to Him whatever
      happens.

      Source:My Utmost for His Highest

      Yours in Christ,
      Mussie. O