The India Center for Social Change

  • Dr. Fr. George Mathew Nalunnakkal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2004
      Dear friends and colleagues:

      Greetings!

      You may have heard that I have left the United Theological College, Bangalore in April this year. I have taken up a new responsibility and challenge
      in Kerala. This is a programme for mentally challenged children and adults and
      this is being organised in association with the Center for Social Change
      Intenational, an organization founded and headed by one of my teachers, Dr. Joseph Mathew, now based in Baltimore, USA. We have undertaken an extensive survey in Kerala and have identified around thousand mentally challenged children whom we hope to serve in the near future. Our plan is to serve these people through community oriented programmes, focussing mainly on their educational and health needs. In addition to that, we have started four centres of vocational training programme for some of these children. A national consultation was organised last year in Trivandrum on various aspects of mental health issues. Research in the area will be a major component of our programme in India.

      We have trained a team of very committed volunteers for our India programme.
      The India Center for Social Change is an affiliate of Center for Social Change
      International in Baltimore. Our programme in Kerala and elsewhere in India
      would be supported by CSC International, which itself is supported by many good
      hearted people. Therefore any help, financial that is, for our programme in India, should go directly to CSC in Baltimore, USA.

      Please do visit our website for further information about CSC International and our programme in India (India Center for Social Change) and to make contributions to CSC in Baltimore:

      http://www.centerforsocialchange.org

      I thought of letting you know about this shift I have made recently in my life
      and work and must tell you that I am already finding it extremely rewarding and
      equally challenging. I hope to find time for my academic research even in the
      midst of these new challenges. Please do uphold this new endeavor,our children,
      the staff and me in your prayers.

      My new postal address would be:

      Fr.George Mathew Nalunnakkal
      Director
      India Center for Social Change (ICSC)
      Nalunnakkal P.O.
      Vakathanam
      Kottayam District
      Kerala-686538
      INDIA

      I shall let you know our office telephone and fax number soon.

      Once again, many thanks for your continued comradeship and support

      With warm regards

      Fr. George Mathew Nalunnakkal