Re; Denver Church Incident

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2004
      Dear ALL,

      I have read Dr.Sally's first report and comments by many of IOC
      members in which they have projected us as unchristain. Now I
      have read our bishops reply and again the reply by Dr.Sally's
      reply in IOC forum as an innocent angel to our bishops reply.
      By all this they serve their end of giving bad publicity
      to SOC.In all these cases, where we failed is, not putting this
      people where this belong.

      I would like to invite our attention to what Jesus did to such
      people, while entering the Jerusalem church. What the best would
      have been such a tretament for those priests. Only such language
      these people understand. We should remember what prevented Mathews
      Catholicose from trying come to Manarcad church.

      These things happen when we try to be too good(nallapilla) I have
      seen some of our priests and members (especially in Bangalore),
      inviting such IOC priests into our church also. (This is one way
      to earn cheap popularity.)

      In Malayalam there is a saying.'Erikendidathu Erunnal cherekendiyavan
      cherakkum.' We shall first be clear about out beliefs and practices.
      On personal ground I do not consider these excomminicated bishops, as
      bishops and priests. so they do not deserve any religous considerations.

      Reagrds
      V.M. Thomas
      St. Mary's Jacobite Church
      Panambady