Re: Adai Book Club

  • Very Rev. Dr. Kuriakose Moolayil Corepisc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2004
      Dear Dr.Paul Philipose,

      Thank you for your kind words and the usefulness of my humble works for the glory of God and His church. Please pray for me.

      Mor Adai Study centre recently published the first history of the Malayalee Syrian Christians by one of its members. This book was documented in many church suits and is quoted by all the later historians. But this book in its entirity was known for its non availability in libraries and among persons I know. Even a search by the members of the Pukadyil family members were futile. When I managed to acquire a copy it was my interest to publish this HISTORIC book. The great grand sons of Pukadiyil Ittoop writer, namely Sabu and Suresh came forward to associate and the project materialised. Thank God!

      I got whole hearted support from my friend Mr.John Philip Kottaparamil and from Sleeba Semmasan Ernakulam in this project. I express my gratitude. The DTP work was also painstaking because of the archaic fonts and figures, Susan,Adorn Graphics worked hard with me. God bless her!

      Now it is available at the Mor Julius Book Centre, St.Joseph's Cathdral Kottayam for sale. Those interested can have copy from there.

      Those interested to know more about the Mor ADAI BOOK CLUB and the other publications please contact me.

      Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
      moolelachen@...
      From the Desk Of Moderators

      MALAYALATHULLA SURIYANI CHRISTIANKALUDE SABHA CHARITHRAM
      (The First Printed History Of The Syrian Christians Of Kerala)
      Author : Pukadiyil Itoop Writer, Kottayam
      First Published : 1869
      Second Imprint : 1906 by the Author's son Mr. Joseph
      Third Imprint : April 2004
      Editor : Dr. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
      Sponsors : Suresh Ittoop Pukadiyil and Sabu Jacob Pukadiyil
      Published by :
      Mor Adai Study Center. Cheeranchira, Changanaserry, Kerala - 686 106, India
      Tel. No. (91) 481 272 4353
      U.S Tel. No. 773 205 1822
      Typesetting : Adorn Graphics, Kottayam - 686 008
      Price : Rs. 200.00 (Inside India); US $ 20.00 (Outside India)

      MOR JULIUS BOOK STALL
      St. Joseph's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral
      L.B.Sastri Road
      Kottayam
      Kerala - 686 001, INDIA
      Phone:- O481-2564499
      Mobile: 9447287693 (Manoj), 9847560492 (Dn. Sherry Issac)