Re: The Denver Church Consecration

  • Eldho P V
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2004
      Dear Moderator,

      Sub:Denver-Consecration.

      I could read the statement of Archbishop Mar Titus Eldho with regard to the
      Denver Church Consecration. I congratulate him on his courageos act in a
      very polite way. I do remember one incident happened in the year 1993.
      One parish member of Thrikkunnathu Seminary Church (Aluva) passed away.

      Fr.Jacob Mannaraprayil and Theophilos Bishop opposed the burial in the Church
      Cemetery. After a long discussion the Police officials agreed to give Police
      protection to the burial. When the funeral procession entered into the church
      premises Fr.Jacob Mannaraprayil and the late Theophilos Bishop came in
      front of the procession and blocked the procession. Theophilos Bishop was
      shouting that "Do not bury the dead body here".Though he was in old age
      his shoutings was in a very high volume. Police removed him and allowed
      to bury the dead body in the church Cemetry.

      We are facing such type of oppositions and sufferings here in Kerala. The
      IOC had occupied 3 of our major Aramanas and other many institutions.
      They are also trying to occupy more. This incident is also a part of it. Your
      Grace, May God bless you to oppose such type of evil acts there.

      I have a personal request to Archbishop Mor Titus Eldho. I think that you
      have no contact with the churches in Ankamaly Area. Come to our Church
      one day and bless us. Our Church festival is being celebrated in January 25th.
      Will you be here in that time? Make one occassion to come to our church.
      Fr.Tharian Core-Episcopa and the late Fr. Varghese M.Kocheril(Secretary to
      Poulose Mar Athanasios Valia Thirumeni) are belongs to our parish.

      Eldho P V
      St:Marys Hermon Church, Azhakam.