Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2004
      "Whenever we suffer some affliction, we should regard it both as
      punishment and as a correction. Our holy Scriptures themselves do not
      promise us peace, security, and rest. On the contrary, the Gospel
      make no secret of the troubles and temptations that await us but it
      also says that he who perseveres to the end will be saved....Is there
      any affliction now endured by mankind that was not endured by our
      fathers before us? What sufferings of ours even bear comparison with
      what we know of their sufferings? And yet you hear people complaining
      about this present day and age because things were so much better in
      former times. I wonder what would happen if they could be taken back
      to the days of their ancestors-would we not still hear them
      complaining? You may think past ages were good, but it is only
      because you are not living in them."

      St. Augustine of Hippo.

      (Let those who fear the Lord now say, "His mercy endures forever")
      Psalm 118:4)