Re: Street canvassing, newspaper advertisementsÂ… for Episcopal election

  • C J Varughese
    Message 1 of 1502 , Jun 14, 2004
      My Dear SOCM-FORUM Members,

      This has reference to message no.5 by Bro. Koshy George in Digest No.924.
      The election and selection for the Episcopacy in IOC at Parumala.

      While going through the news clippings, and Bro. George's posting, my
      thinking wandered to ceturies back to the scene at Europe where anybody
      can buy the bishopric position by paying money to then then Pope's of the
      Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Episcopacy was so fallen to such a
      plight, that the money power was the only criteria of one's position in
      the society as well as in Church. It seems, slowly the IOC version of the
      Syrian Christians are moving towards the same stand. They are in the
      process of amassing wealth. The coming days will prove how these
      Episcopacy of IOC will be fatal to the common people. The great uprising
      against the then Roman Church by the Protestants under the leadership of
      Martin Luther was the aftermath of such a plight.

      The IOC and its leadership is slowly drifting away from the true spirit of
      commonness among the people, and trying to create a supremacy of the
      episcopacy rather than promoting true democracy prevalent in our church.
      It will taken time to the common man to understand this. God may not
      deliver HIS WISDOM to these people, because they stand against the TRUTH.

      Let us all pray not to become a prey to these type of leadership in our
      Church.

      With regards,
      CJ Varughese
      St. Mary's JSO church, Ahmedabad