Street canvassing, newspaper advertisements… for Episcopal e

  • Koshy George
    Message 1 of 1502 , Jun 12, 2004
      Look at the Parumala election meeting of the Indian orthodox church last day. How worse it was the situation there. Episcopacy became an institution for cheap canvassing of votes. Advertisements in NewsPapers, leaflet distribution by candidates....horrible !!! All this happened at Parumala church compounds where the tomb of our holy thirumeni is there.

      Look at the Malankara Voice report. http://www.geocities.com/malankarav7/20040610MetElection.htm
      If it was only that article which said all these then it can be ignored. But have a look at other reports too, from that of orthodox forums, news papers…. One orthodox brother who was there at Parumala wrote in an IOC forum “I have seen the crowds including the Priest candidates canvasing the votes in the streets of Parumala for the Bishop post. The street canvasing was utterly shamefull than that commonly doing by the Kerala political Parties. H.H. Catholicose got shocked by seeing this senario and His Holiness was very sad of that practice. How can we respect such candidates. Why are they doing this type of vote canvasing?”.

      It’s high time to have a rethinking for all the Indian Christians on excess DEMOCRATISM (pardon me for the word!) of the Church. It’s a warning signal for all the democratised churches.

      Koshy George, Baroda
      Thumpamon Valiyapally
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004