Re: [SOCM-FORUM] The faith of The Church

  • Fr. John Kunjukunju
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2002
      Dear Sabuachan, As far as the faith matter (Doctrine) is concerned, I have not changed an iota. Please correct yourself. What I am against is the unjustified actions and that is exploitation going on in the name of faith. I do not appreciate blind following. I do believe that punishing someone without proven guilt and without following biblical, canonical and law of natural justice is against justice. I do believe that faith is not a license to someone to act according to ones own fantasies. I do not believe hero worship is faith.
      Fr John KK.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2002
        Dear Fr. John,

        You have made obtuse accusations of "punishing someone without proven
        guilt ...", "acting according to ones own fantasies", etc. Who is the
        subject of your accusations? Who are you accusing of hero worship and
        who is the hero being worshipped? Can you please elaborate? I believe
        I know who you are talking about, but would like you to hear that
        straight.

        - Thomas

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@y..., "Fr. John Kunjukunju" <fatherjohnkk@h...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Sabuachan, As far as the faith matter (Doctrine) is concerned,
        I have not changed an iota. Please correct yourself. What I am
        against is the unjustified actions and that is exploitation going on
        in the name of faith....
      • jaimon skaria
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
          Dear Achan,
          will u pls clarify whether u are with Patriarch faction or
          Catholicose faction.It is unbelievable that some people are changing their
          faith and believes, just like we are changing clothes everyday.
          it is a great shame for our church.
          Jaimon Chicago

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
            Dear jaimon,
            I have already mentioned where I stand. I do not believe in a system which does not stand for justice. I also feel it is every believer's duty to stand for just cause. Fr John KK.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
              Natural jusctice.
              What is meant by natural justice.?
              Is it different from real justice?Something tailor made to suit few?/
              If one metran or priest cross over to the other side due to his great
              feeling for principles,love for peace,he should leave the properties of the other group,
              not grab it,especially when rest of the people are not accepting your view point.
              That is justice.Natural justice is perhaps keeping the possession(booty)
              to oneself.Then grabibg Alua seminary,muvattupuzha seminary etc are
              natural justice ,asper achen.
              Jesus advices his diciples that if they are not accepted at
              oneplace leave that place.They should even dust off their feet.(Read st marks.6:11).
              God looks at justice in a different way.Those who pretend they are Gods
              prophet and do opposite  things deserve,no natural justice.
              This is illustarted by the story of Fig tree.(Mathew 20:18-20)
              regards
              vmt