Re: [SOCM-FORUM] OC Orthodox: ecclesiology and Christian reunion

  • DANIEL BABU PAUL
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2002
      reference invited to the joint declaration of Pope JP II and Patriarch Zakka, 1984.
      TOTUS TUUS MARIA
      This referred document is available in our file section within the forum.
      Moderators
      From: Jeremiah Davis <jeremiah_s_davis@y...>
      To: transfiguration@a...

      Dear friends,
      As you are no doubt aware, the jurisdiction through which I am entering the Church (the
      Antiochian) has signed a "pastoral agreement" with the Syrian (non-Chalcedonian) Orthodox Church, and many of the clergy and people under the two Patriarchs of Antioch (Ignatius and Ignatius Zakka) greatly desire the eventual full corporate union of the two bodies.Pope Petros and Pope Shenouda, of the Greek Orthodox and Coptic Orthodox Patriarchates of Alexandria, respectively, have signed a similar agreement.Theologians within the two traditions have come to theconclusion that the "in two natures" doctrine spelled out at the Council of Chalcedon and the "from two natures" doctrine which appears in most of St Cyril of Alexandria's writings and in the.....