do you know John 3:16 ?

  • Able Kuriakose
    Message 1 of 1502 , Apr 17 10:19 PM
      A little boy was selling newspapers on the
      corner; the people were in and out of the cold. The
      little boy was so cold that he wasn't
      trying to sell many papers. He walked up to a
      policeman and said, "Mister, you wouldn't happen to
      know where a poor boy could find a warm place to sleep
      tonight would you? You see, I sleep in a box up around
      the corner there and down the alley and it's awful
      cold in there for tonight. Sure would be nice to have
      a warm place to stay."

      The policeman looked down at the little boy and
      said, "you go down the street to that big white house
      and you knock on the door. When they come out the door
      you just say John 3:16, and they will let you in."

      So he did. He walked up the steps and knocked on
      the door, and a lady answered. He looked up and said,
      "John 3:16." The lady said, "Come on in, Son." She
      took him in and she sat him down in a split bottom
      rocker in front of a great big old fireplace, and she
      went off. The boy sat there for a while and thought to
      himself: John 3:16...I don't understand it, but it
      sure makes a cold boy warm.
      Later she came back and asked him "Are you hungry?" He
      said, "Well, just a little. I haven't eaten in a
      couple of days, and I guess I could stand a little bit
      of food," The lady took him in the kitchen and sat him
      down to a table full of wonderful food. He ate and ate
      until he couldn't eat any more. Then he thought to
      himself: John 3:16...Boy, I sure don't understand it
      but it sure makes a hungry boy full.

      She took him upstairs to a bathroom to a huge bathtub
      filled with warm water, and he sat there and soaked
      for a while. As he soaked, he thought to himself: John
      3:16... I sure don't understand it, but it sure makes
      a dirty boy clean. You know, I've not had a bath, a
      real bath, in my whole life. The only bath I ever had
      was when I stood in front of that big old fire hydrant
      as they flushed it out. The lady came in and got him.
      She took him to a room, tucked him into a big old
      feather bed, pulled the covers up around his neck,
      kissed him goodnight
      and turned out the lights. As he lay in the darkness
      and looked out the window at the snow coming down on
      that cold night, he thought to himself: John 3:16...I
      don't understand it but it sure makes a tired boy
      rested.

      The next morning the lady came back up and took
      him down again to that same big table full of food.
      After he ate, she took him back to that same big old
      split bottom rocker in front of the fireplace and
      picked up a big old Bible. She sat down in front of
      him and looked into his young face. "Do you
      understand John 3:16?" she asked gently. He replied,
      "No, Ma'am, I don't. The first time I ever heard it
      was last night when the policeman told me to use it,"
      She opened the Bible to John 3:16 and began to explain
      to him about Jesus. Right there, in front of that big
      old fireplace, he gave his heart and life to Jesus.
      He sat there and thought: John 3:16....don't
      understand it, but it sure makes a lost boy feel safe.

      You know, I have to confess I don't understand it
      either, how God
      was willing to send His Son to die for me, and how
      Jesus would
      agree to do such a thing. I don't understand the agony
      of the Father and every angel in heaven as they
      watched Jesus suffer and die. I don't understand the
      intense love for ME that kept Jesus on the cross
      till the end. I don't understand it, but it sure does
      make life worth
      living. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that
      he gave his only
      begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should
      not perish, but have everlasting life.

      If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the
      directions.
      Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be
      ashamed of you
      before my Father." Pass this on only if you mean it.

      I do Love God. He is my source of existence. He
      keeps me
      functioning each and every day. Phil 4:13 If you
      love God and are
      not ashamed of all the marvelous things he has done
      for you, send this
      on. Take 60 seconds &give this a shot! Let's just
      see if Satan
      stops this one. All you do is:
      If you believe what John 3:16 says, send this to
      your beloveds and let them know this �..
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love