Re: John Achen's doubt on M.M

  • PAUL POTHEN
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2002

      1. As far as I know, the name of the Church as recognised by the Supreme Court in its judgment dated 28.11.2001 is �MALANKARA SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH� and not Marthoma Syrian Church as you stated.Instead of using this name, through the initial notices published in news papers the Catholicos has mentioned (in the two annexures), their present group�s name (Orthodox Syrian Church).Again as far as I know, the Jacobites Syrian Church has pointed out this mistake in the complaints submitted to Court nominee, Malimatt in December.

      2. The Court has clearly asked Catholicose to issue the notice as �Mathews II by NAME��� ie; not to claim anything like Malankara Metropolitan etc before election, even though other interpretations also can be made according to the latest judgment issued by the Court.

      3. It was to overcome this difficulty and at the same time to satisfy his group, the Catholicose has used �M.M/A-7/2001� as reference in the last notice published in Manorama on 28th Dec 2001.In the court they can claim it as �Malankara Metropolitan�, �Marthoma Mathews� or �MalayalaManorama Catholicose�, as they like.This way they can interpret �M.M� as they wish (according the circumstances) in future.

      Another hidden tactics followed by this group for more than a centaury !!!

      "Fr. John Kunjukunju" wrote:

      I have a copy of the SC order. I do not know if it is authentic. The name of the church it reads, "Marthoma Syria Church". I asked if this version is correct in the form�but none responded.....
    • DANIEL BABU PAUL
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2002
        marthoma syrian church: true it found a place in one court order, but it is a typograhic error. anyway the context would clarify that reference is to our church and not the marthoma church.
        TOTUS TUUS MARIA
        1. As far as I know, the name of the Church as recognised by the Supreme Court in its judgment dated 28.11.2001 is “MALANKARA SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH” and not Marthoma Syrian Church as you stated.  Instead of using this name,.......

      • Joshy C Abraham
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2002
          Dear Mr. Babu Paul,

          You used the word 'our church'. Can you tell which church you are really in ?

          Dn.Joshy C Abraham

          P.O. Box - 27933
          Dubai, U.A.E.
          Tel    : 971 4 3322899
          Fax   : 971 4 3323226

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2002
            supreme court  has found that there is only one church. if you are a member of my church you would know it; if you are not you need not know. may god bless you.
            TOTUS TUUS MARIA
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002

               Dear SOCM forum members,

              Recently it has been heard that the opposite Orthodox group of Kerala has decided to declare their founder father as a saint.  I think it has been announced at the most inappropriate time and is generally considered to be as unnecessary.  Many from their group too, have certain reservations on the declaration of Sainthood to Wattasseril Thirumeni at this juncture.

              So it’s better to recall to what Dr. D.Babu Paul Sir has recorded in his book “Veni Vidi Vici” in 1982.  Page 37, Reference section no.6.

              “Mar Dionysius Vattasseril (who is in a way the Father of the dissident group) went to Patriarch Abdulla, who had succeeded Abdul Masih, although Abdul Masih was living there at that time, for his ordination as Bishop.   Whether to avoid the admission of this inconvenient truth or not, he is reported to have said later on,  “I did not see who put his hands on my head at my ordination as Bishop because I had my eyes shut in prayer !!”

              And now in 2002, ‘ Wattasserril Thirumeni’, who is reported to have made such declarations in a courtto avoid the admission of the inconvenient truth”) , is to conferred with Sainthood !!!!

              Download exciting Logos, Picture Messages & Ringtones for your mobile phonenew