PLEASE CHECK THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS ARTICLE

  • B Paul Maracheril
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 2, 2004
      Hi

      Greetings in the sweet name of our Lord Jesus.

      Any one of you may please read and advise the authenticity of the
      information
      given about St Ignatius of Antioch.

      Please check this site: http://maryourmother.net/Ignatius.html

      It reads like this:- Ignatius of Antioch was Bishop of Syria about 80-100
      AD, and is one of the Apostolic Fathers of the Catholic Church. He served as
      Bishop in Antioch just after the time Matthew wrote his Gospel there.
      Tradition has it St. Peter, on his trip to Antioch to meet St. Paul
      [Galatians 2:11], designated Ignatius to become Bishop. He is the first to
      use the term "Catholic Church" in his Letter to the Smryneans [8:2]. ...
      contd.

      Yours truly in Christ

      Babu Maracheril
      Kothamangalam Mortha Mariayam Valiya Pally
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love