Faith .. what is it?

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Mar 4, 2004
      I saw Mr. Philip Oomer writing that faith is beliving
      in Holly Bible. in his writeup about year of Holly
      Bible for the church.

      But let us see if that is what Holly Bible says.
      What is faith?

      a) "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
      the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1)
      b) Believing that Jesus Christ is God (John 6:29,
      14:1, Acts 20:21, Is9: 6)
      c) Faith is the gift of the Holy Spirit ( 1 Cori. 12:9)
      d) Faith is from the Holy Scriptures (John 20:31,
      2 Tim 3:15)
      e) Faith is through words and ears (John 17:20, Acts 8:12, Roma
      10:14, 15, 17, 1 Cori. 3:5)
      f) One who does not believe will be condemned. (Mark 16:6)
      g) Those who believe in him will have eternal life. (John 3:15, 16,
      36, John 6:47, 5:24)
      h) "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who, believes in Me,
      the works that I do he will do also, and greater works
      than these he will do, because I go to my Father."
      (John 14:12)

      So be very careful what you write. Why?

      God told Adam ' do not eat the fruit of the tree in the
      middle' Why? We dont know. He could have been testing.
      May be it was not good for human being. or what ever.

      Satan told Eve. " It is BECAUSE, if you eat you will
      become like God." . So here he proposed an INTERPRETATION
      to the words our LORD ordered.

      But Aam and Eve who saw and talked to God EVERYDAY was
      swayed by this Satanic Interpretation and ACTED by that
      Interpretation.

      Rest we know.

      So if we are exposed to false teachings , imagine our
      state?? So dont listen to people here and there. You
      have doubt ask a priest.

      So Bible is God's words. It was created as Book by the
      Church. ( not some church). It was created for a reason.
      (not as referance book for faith). Its right to interpret
      lies with Chruch.( not with any one who reads it) Because
      church created it and owns it. ( not some printer or
      publisher).That is why St.Augustine said " I believe
      in Bible because church said it is church's".

      Again Satan used Word of God itslef to trap man.

      All heretics are quoting from Bible to their point.
      ( only problem is it is his interpretation not chruch's.

      People who denied Holy Trinity quotes Bible.
      Even Muslims quote from Bible to prove thier case.
      Gay activitist quote from Bible to prove their point.
      polygamists also do the same.

      and tons of others.

      BUT if you read their literature, You will feel they
      too are Correct. Actualy when Satan talked to Even,
      she too felt that is MORE correct than God's words.
      But what matters is what is correct is what God likes.
      That is the truth.

      Read 1 Tim 3:13-14 one more time. "Church is the pillar
      and foundation of truth".

      Apostle Paul says what we should to get the blessing of
      God

      "Keep on doing what you have LEARNED and RECEIVED and
      HEARD and SEEN in me. Then the God of peace will be
      with you"( Philip 4:9).

      -- it does not mean do as what Holly Bible says ALONE.

      Note : Actualy I should not have written this. Becaue
      the right to teach in Chruch is only for presbysters
      and comman man permitted by the chruch. So realy I
      cannot teach.

      But since this form is not moderated or officated by
      the church I am cutting and copying from what some
      priests have taught or written.

      in our Lord's love

      Paul reji
      St. Ignatious Church