Teachings --> prayer for the dead 1

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Mar 3, 2004
      This has been discussed in detail here. here is my try.

      * Souls will not die. It will live for ever.
      It is we [faithfuls] who bless the LORD, both now and forever"
      "For if you live according to the flesh you will die but if by
      the spirit, you put to death, the deeds of the body, you will
      live"
      (Romans 8:5-13)

      * David says "The dead do not praise the LORD". Here he talks about
      the spiritual death because of sin. Why? the next verse says
      " It is we who bless the LORD, both now and forever."
      - yes the spiritualy dead will not prasie the Lord, but spiritualy
      alive will praise the Lord FOREVER". ie Even after our physical
      death.

      More proof required?
      1) God told Adam "From the tree you shall not eat. The moment you
      eat from it, you are surely doomed to die"
      But Adam ate the fruit and did not die. But spiritualy he die at
      that moment.

      2) Ezekiel 18:4 says `one who sins will die

      3) Ezekiel 18:4 says `one who sins will die
      4) The sting of death is sin"(1 Corinthians 15:56)

      Yes I know it is written ""He is not God of the dead, but of the
      living" (Luke 20:32). But read this too. "I am the God of
      Abraham, the God of the Isaac, and the God of Jacob. He is not the
      God of the dead but of the living" Here our Lord is saying He is
      not
      the Lord of the dead but God of Abrahm, Issac and Jacob. But they
      had been dead many genertions before time of our Lord on earth.

      there is more. But in all this idea is same

      1) if one sin, he will spiritualy die.
      2) if one physically die, the souls don't get die.

      Next --> what happnes to our dead believers ?

      in Lord's love

      Paul Reji
      St. Igantious church
      Dallas