This has been discussed in detail here. here is my try.
* Souls will not die. It will live for ever.
It is we [faithfuls] who bless the LORD, both now and forever"
"For if you live according to the flesh you will die but if by
the spirit, you put to death, the deeds of the body, you will
* David says "The dead do not praise the LORD". Here he talks about
the spiritual death because of sin. Why? the next verse says
" It is we who bless the LORD, both now and forever."
- yes the spiritualy dead will not prasie the Lord, but spiritualy
alive will praise the Lord FOREVER". ie Even after our physical
More proof required?
1) God told Adam "From the tree you shall not eat. The moment you
eat from it, you are surely doomed to die"
But Adam ate the fruit and did not die. But spiritualy he die at
2) Ezekiel 18:4 says `one who sins will die
3) Ezekiel 18:4 says `one who sins will die
4) The sting of death is sin"(1 Corinthians 15:56)
Yes I know it is written ""He is not God of the dead, but of the
living" (Luke 20:32). But read this too. "I am the God of
Abraham, the God of the Isaac, and the God of Jacob. He is not the
God of the dead but of the living" Here our Lord is saying He is
the Lord of the dead but God of Abrahm, Issac and Jacob. But they
had been dead many genertions before time of our Lord on earth.
there is more. But in all this idea is same
1) if one sin, he will spiritualy die.
2) if one physically die, the souls don't get die.
Next --> what happnes to our dead believers ?
in Lord's love
St. Igantious church