Teachings --> Church festivals

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Mar 3, 2004
      Old Testament church as lots of festivals.
      Exodus 12:14-17, Ex 34:22,Esther 9:21, 22)

      Our Lord celebrated the festivals

      But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, he himself also went
      up not openly but [as it were] in secret(John 7:8 )

      Apostle Paul celebrated festivals
      "Paul had decided to sail past Ephessus in order not to lose time in
      the province of Asia, for he was hurrying to be in Jerusalem, if at
      all possible, for the day of Pentecost"

      Acts 21:17-26, we can see that Apostle Paul took four people who
      had taken a vow, to the Jerusalem to offer sacrifices and offerings.

      We sailed from Philippi after the Feast of the Unleavened Bread( Acts
      20:26)

      "I shall stay in Ephesus until Pentecost" ( 1 Cori 16:8). This
      is a proof that Apostle Paul celebrated the festival of Pentecost
      with reverence. Acts 24:17 says that Apostle Paul gave offerings
      and sacrifices.

      Read Proverbs 10:7 "The memory of the just will be blessed".
      It is for this blessing that we celebrate the festival all Saints.

      Paul reji
      St. Igantious church
      Dallas
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com