Teachings --> Confession 2

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Mar 3, 2004
      Did any one confess to the apostles ?

      Read Acts 19:18-19"Many of those who had become believers came
      forward and openly acknowledged their practices"

      From this we see that

      The people who listened to the apostles were baptized and confessed
      the sins without any feeling of shame or disgrace.

      People who heard from John the Baptist were baptized and confessed
      their sins without any feeling of shame or disgrace. (Matthew 3:6,
      Mark 1:5)

      "The believers of Ephesus confessed to Apostle Paul "(Acts 19:18)

      "When the Lost son came back he had no shame to confess his faults."

      Why confess the sins ? very simple
      God said

      "He who conceals his sins prospers not, but he who confesses and
      forsakes them obtains mercy"

      Priests are given the power to forgive the sis told to them. Unless
      we tell them do wouldn't know about it. Unless they forgive "sin will
      not be forgiven".

      So during Lent, it is time of purity. Without purity there is no
      Lent even if you starve. So confess. you feel shame?

      I have shame to confess to priest. But this is a God given opportuity
      for salvation. to Be clean. Use it. Remeber ...

      "Adam and eve had shame when they obeyed Satan "

      Paul reji
      St. Igantious church
      Dallas
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com