Prphecies regarding our Lord 3

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Apr 5 8:04 AM
      11. He would be forsaken by His disciples (Zechariah 13:7
      and Mark 14:50).

      Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who
      is close to me!" declares the LORD Almighty. "Strike the
      shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will
      turn my hand against the little one"

      12. The money would be thrown in the temple and used to
      buy the potter's field (Zechariah 11:13 and
      Matthew 27:5-7).

      "And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the
      handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the
      thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house
      of the LORD to the potter"

      13. He would be accused by false witnesses (Psalms 35:11
      and Matthew 26:59-60).

      "Ruthless witnesses come forward; they question me on
      things I know nothing about".

      14. He would be silent before His accusers (Isaiah 53:7
      and Matthew 27:12-14).

      He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his
      mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as
      a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not
      open his mouth"

      15. He would be beaten by his enemies (Isaiah 50:6, 53:5,
      and Matthew 27:26).

      "I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to
      those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face
      from mocking and spitting."

      "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed
      for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace
      was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed"

      In our Lord

      paul Philip
      St. Ignatious Syrian Orthodox Church
      Dallas