Prphecies regarding our Lord 2

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 1502 , Apr 5 7:32 AM
      6). He would be a prophet (Deuteronomy 18:18-19 and Matthew 21:11).

      "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their
      brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them
      everything I command him.

      If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my
      name, I myself will call him to account"
      ( Big warning here!)

      7). He would teach with parables (Psalms 78:2 and Matthew 13:34).

      "I will open my mouth in parables,
      I will utter hidden things, things from of old"

      8. He would enter Jerusalem on a colt (Zechariah 9:9 and Luke 19:35-
      37).

      The Coming of Zion's King:
      "Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem!
      See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation,
      gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey"

      9. He would be betrayed by a friend (Psalms 41:9 and Matthew 26:47-
      50).

      "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread,
      has lifted up his heel against me"

      10. He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12 and
      Matthew 26:15).

      "I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep
      it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver."

      In our Lord

      Paul Philip
      St. Ignatious Syrian Orthodox Church
      Dallas