Jacobites get full control of Vadakara Church

  • Baby Gleeson Zachariah
    Message 1 of 1502 , Apr 5, 2004
      Dear all,

      Vadakara Syrian church (near Koothatukulam) have come
      under full control of Jacobites. This church which is
      one of the oldest churches in Kandanad diocese was
      under court appointed receivership for the past 30
      years. The pallikodathi (Church Court)at ernakulam
      had decided 3 months back to give control of the church
      to the elected representatives of the parish. even
      though IOC & Mor Athanasious of IOC combine tried to
      avert elections to the maximum, elections were conducted
      by the court yesterday (04-04-04)and counting was done
      today (05-04-04).

      Jacobites have won in all the posts to the Managing
      commitee, Trustees, Secretary, and The Manager to the
      School/ITC etc with massive majority. IOC even after
      pumping in money etc was able to get only below 15% of
      the votes for the Jacobite panel.

      Elections were conducted as per 34 constitution ((Since
      that was the status quo in 74 when the church came
      under receivership)). The new managing commitee can
      call fresh podhuyogam to decide wheather to pull out
      of the so called malankara association or the 34
      constitution.

      rgds

      Baby Gleeson Zachariah
      St George Jacobite Syrian Church